Thursday, February 27, 2014

Moschino AW14 Yay or Nay?


Ok I get it, Fashion is fast, trends come and go in a blink of an eye and designers try keep us on the edge of our seats…But this?
I never, or more like very rarely talk about these subjects on the blog. Why? Because I try to focus on the things I DO like and what I know you guys enjoy seeing on VOGUE-BERRY, the thing is, I do want to share my opinion on this.
I have to confess to be rather confused when I saw all the overwhelming comments on social media saying “how genius this collection was” – Jeremy Scott’s collection for Moschino that is-…Shock value, I get it, it's all about shock value nowadays (?), but genius?, thats a bit of a stretch. I personally would never go out wearing a Sponge Bob costume, though I'm pretty sure my Chummy would ha ha ha, but me? No, not even on Halloween. But how about those fast food/candy/cereal print dresses? No thanks, but then again, the silhouettes were amazing, but those prints!?. What amazes me though and what I find really interesting is how most people seem to have loved the collection because of the loud prints and I wonder, is it me? Or do some of you agree with this?
Moschino is one of those iconic Italian brands, we all know Moschino and probably at some point, have obsessed over their belts -try to deny it-. The truth is, I feel like they were fading in the background and needed a new boom. I wonder if that's why they brought Jeremy Scott to the equation, because they knew he would do something crazy and controversial, just the thing you need to cause media frenzy and social media “viral factor”. If this is the case, it makes all the sense in the world. Do your crazy collection, get the spotlight back on Moschino and go back to your roots a few season down the line. From that perspective, what they did was “understandable”, but from that to people saying this collection was genius, that's where I get lost in translation.


1 comment:

  1. Not sure on the clothing but looks very funny haha.. you have an amazing blog enjoyed reading though :D

    great job :)


    would mean so much if you would check out my blog :) http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete